permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Solar Food Dryer Web Link

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Solar Food Dryer Web Link
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 17:10:19 +0100

http://www.solarfooddryer.com/SFD_Book_Info.htm

Thank you, I have had a look at this one, but I do not like it's design. To my understanding we need to separate the heat-source and the actual drying box in order to gain better control over the airflow and thus over the temperature. Also the food we wanna dry sits right in the sun (under the glass but still), which is not good for preserving the vital content. So I am looking for a building plan for a dryer, that has a box with a lid where we have the racks in, so the food stays in the dark and the air flows trough the racks, and a separate heat collector - and it would be great if there would be thermometer at the hot air inlet, and a way to regulate the flow right there, maybe mix it with cooler air just like water in a faucet.

Construction plans, anyone?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Georg Parlow
g.parlow@gmx.at
1230 Wien, Wohnpark Alterlaa B1/013
+43-650-8899345

  • Re: [permaculture] Solar Food Dryer Web Link, georg parlow, 03/25/2011