permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Honeylocust cultivars

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa Rollens <rollens@fidnet.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Honeylocust cultivars
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:52:45 -0500

I'm wondering why everybody seems to think that pods need to be ground for
cows??? Anybody know? My cows practically knock me over to get to the
whole pods when I put them out. the only reason I can come up with is that
grinding also grinds the seeds, maybe, and then they don't sprout after
going thru the digestive system. Grinding the pods, which I tried with a
chipper, gives off a strong smell that tends to burn the senses....eyes and
nose.

Lisa, in the MO Ozarks