permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Monsanto versus Steve Marsh: First GM legal battle in Oz

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, Market Farming <marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Monsanto versus Steve Marsh: First GM legal battle in Oz
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:27:54 -0500

On 1/22/2011 6:06 PM, Douglas Hinds wrote:
Saturday, January 22, 2011, Lawrence London posted a disturbing news
item.

For Western Australian Government's Agriculture Minister Terry
Redman, coexistence signifies contamination and anything less he
calls "unrealistic".

What percentage of Western Australia's crops are either
organic or conventional transgenic-gene-free?

What percentage of Western Australia's farmers plant crops that are either
organic or conventional?

An Agriculture Minister that makes grossly irresponsible statements such
as the ones quoted here, displays an intention to deny accountability for
damages done to others.

Will he and Monsanto be able to get away with this?

Think how many portfolios and mutual funds include Monsanto stock and
that of other ag & ag biotech firms of their ilk. Therein lies much of
their support and describes a community they are beholden and answerable to.........
I.
I think you know the solution to the problem, Douglas:
BOYCOTT THEM and all companies economically tied to them in any way.
II.
Form and sustain a new and separate agriculture movement and community
of farmers and gardeners, regardless of size.

Market Farming
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/marketfarming
Permaculture
SERAnet
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/seranet
Seed Keepers
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/seedkeepers
Soil Ecology
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/soilecology

Got a better plan?

You read the news I posted about our French ambassador involved in a
long term scheme to force GMO's on the EU countries against their will.
Tactic: the baloney method, erode their resistance one thin slice at a time.

If the you-know-whos try to buy the government and force us out of
business then what legal options are available to us and I mean all of
us across the globe?