permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture list serve invitation [was] What is a commons? And how do we regulate it?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ChildrensPeaceGuild <childrenspeaceguild@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture list serve invitation [was] What is a commons? And how do we regulate it?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:07:15 -0800 (PST)

"...the writer will understand the concept if not the actuality of "shunning"
and will eventually grow tired of the silence."

This is true, but not the only possibilty:

Many times I have witnessed "the writer" growing louder, offensive, or more
obnoxious in a desperate attempt at getting attention among the silence.
or
There will be one dissenter among the shunners (ironic isn't it?) who will
try
to win over (convert, talk sense, etc.) the writer which only serves to
encourage them.

I'm not weighing in on either side of this debate, but just sharing my
experience for what it's worth...