permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Cabbage vs. Lettuce

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Judith Newton <judithanew@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Cabbage vs. Lettuce
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 06:10:12 -0800

Off the top of my head: Mache (corn salad), beets and Jerusalem artichokes stay late, peas start early.
~Judith
N. California

Transition Cotati
http://www.transitioncotati.org

Today we are faced with a challenge that calls for a shift in our thinking, so that humanity stops threatening its life-support system. We are called to assist the Earth to heal her wounds and in the process heal our own – indeed, to embrace the whole creation in all its diversity, beauty and wonder. This will happen if we see the need to revive our sense of belonging to a larger family of life, with which we have shared our evolutionary process.
~ 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate, Professor Wangari Maathai