permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the evolution of lending libraries

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the evolution of lending libraries
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 17:46:16 -0700

Both Portland, Oregon and Seattle have city-sponsored neighborhood tool
lending libraries. I'm sure other towns do as well. That makes so much sense;
how often do you need an extension ladder, socket set, or a pole pruner, or
even a lawn mower? I did hear some people voice fears that it would cause
unemployment by reducing tool sales. Ah, well.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com