permaculture - Re: [permaculture] CFLs bad for another reason, too

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jamesdavid Sneed <harvestcircle@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] CFLs bad for another reason, too
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:37:49 -0800

Sadly, many who aspire to lead a green life don't do their research, instead
relying on ads and marketing for their decision-making info, hoping to "do
the right thing" but ending up in that conundrum of using a techno-fix that
worsens the problems. Might it be that most techno-fixes worsen problems? The
mad use of toxic materials in our "green" tech fixes certainly negates their
good points, much like when shoppers grab a "certified" organic food that
isn't really green at all.