permaculture - [permaculture] PINE; Permaculture Institute of the Northeast U.S. gets non-profit status

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jono Neiger <neiger@csld.edu>
  • To: "Northeastern Permaculture (List)" <northeasternpermaculture@lists.riseup.net>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, permaculture@openpermaculture.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] PINE; Permaculture Institute of the Northeast U.S. gets non-profit status
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 14:06:13 -0500

PINE; Permaculture Institute of the Northeast U.S. www.thepine.org

This has been a busy fall for our *regional Permaculture organization*. It’s
an exciting time and there is much work to do in connecting people to local
organizations, projects, and learning opportunities.

*501c3*

We are proud to announce that P.I.N.E., Permaculture Institute of the
Northeast, has received its non-profit status and is now officially a 501c3
non-profit organization. We look forward to supporting the regional network
with this new tool at our disposal.

*Board of Directors Expands:*

At our October meeting we brought on two new members, Lisa Fernandez of
Portland, Maine, and Alice Lo of New York City. This brings our board up to
seven, with members from New York, Vermont, Massachussetts, and Maine.

*The current PINE Board is--*

Jono Neiger, Leverett, Ma

Roxy Finn, Chicopee, Ma

Mark Krawczyk, Burlington, Vt

Keith Morris, Jeffersonville, Vt

Steve Gabriel, Ithaca, NY

Lisa Fernandez, Portland, Me

Alice Lo, N.Y., N.Y.

*Winter strategy/network meetings*

As in past years, we’ll be organizing several winter strategy meetings.
These are chances to meet with people from various parts of the region, talk
about issues that are central to our work, and look for ways to get more
leverage from our work. We’ll let you know when and where these meetings
will be held.

Keep up the good work

For the Earth

Jono

PINE; Permaculture Institute of the Northeast
www.thepine.org

  • [permaculture] PINE; Permaculture Institute of the Northeast U.S. gets non-profit status, Jono Neiger, 11/08/2010