permaculture - [permaculture] [SANET-MG] Fw: The Economist Poll

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Amy Little <amylittle@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] [SANET-MG] Fw: The Economist Poll
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:51:52 -0500

This is for all of you who are opposed to GM crops.

The Economist is conducting a BASF sponsored poll - and the pro GMers are winning! Yikes!
About 53% YES and 47% NO.
See if we can reverse those figures.
Have your say - right now before it closes!

The message came from GM Watch.
http://tinyurl.com/3yk4xj6Paul

The Economist has a GM debate sponsored by BASF: "This house believes that biotechnology and sustainable agriculture are complementary, not contradictory."

http://tinyurl.com/3yk4xj6

We're currently losing and the debate rounds up in the next 48 hours.

Please vote now and vote NO - and tell everyone you know to do the same.

Message from Phil Chandler

Please - show the GM industry what you think of them with just one click - no signup, name or email needed - just go here - http://tinyurl.com/3yk4xj6 and vote AGAINST the motion.

I suspect this has been worded in an attempt to ask a 'soft' question, which sounds harmless, so that people will be fooled into agreeing with it. But the fact is that GM and sustainable agriculture are NOT compatible, or complementary, as the very presence of GM in an open space means that organic and other non-GM crops will inevitably be contaminated. This is happening wherever GM crops are grown, and is well-documented. American farmers who were sold on GM ten years ago are now turning against it - listen to my podcast at http://biobees.libsyn.com for evidence of this.

Don't be fooled by industry propaganda: GM crops are TOTALLY INCOMPATIBLE with sustainable agriculture.

This is not a definitive survey, but it is run by The Economist and will be used by the media as 'evidence' one way or the other.

So please, if you care about keeping our food and our bees GM-free - VOTE AGAINST THIS MOTION - http://tinyurl.com/3yk4xj6 - they don't need your name or email address, and it only takes a second.

Thanks,
Phil Chandler
www.biobees.com