permaculture - [permaculture] Natural builders needed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Natural builders needed
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 12:40:56 -0700 (PDT)

We are working with a Lakota youth anti-suicide program (Pine Ridge has one
of the highest youth suicide rates in the country), and we would like to
mentor some of them on our straw bale facility at Pine Ridge reservation in
South Dakota.

We would love to work with an experienced natural builder who could mentor
them. We are looking at a three day weekend where they would come and build
intensively and learn at least some of the sraw bale skill sets.

We want to do this in late Sept or early Oct, and also next spring and summer
do a more extensive program (we have a beautiful medicine wheel community
center to build next year).

This is a volunteer project right now but should have funding next year. This
is an Oglala-Lakota Cultural and Economic Revitilization
Initiative/Permaculture Guild partnership project.

Any takers?

The straw bale facility will serve the community via manufacture of
efficient, sustainable stoves/heaters and housing for interns in our program).

Best, Cory Brennan
permacultureguild.us

  • [permaculture] Natural builders needed, Cory Brennan, 09/04/2010