permaculture - Re: [permaculture] copyright

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marjory <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] copyright
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:20:21 -0500

We've produced a DVD on food production, and are barely making our costs back having sold about 1,000 to date. I saw on the various copying websites that there have been over 100,000 illegal downloads. Emails and letters of 'cease and desist' to the sites yield little results except feeding my frustration.
It is important to do good research and present important info for sustaianble living, but this sure has me discouraged.
To be honest, I think from reading the account names that some of the ones who uploaded the files and made them available were from this permie list. sigh.

Marjory