permaculture - [permaculture] "Biodynamics & the Future of Agriculture: Growing the Food Revolution, " 09/30-10/03, NY

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, Market Farming <marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] "Biodynamics & the Future of Agriculture: Growing the Food Revolution, " 09/30-10/03, NY
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:08:09 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:36:22 -0700
From: Rebecca Briggs <rebecca@BIODYNAMICS.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

The Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association will be holding its
National Conference in Chestnut Ridge, NY, September 30 - October 3.

*With Keynote Speakers: *
Nicanor Perlas, Michael Schmidt, Fred Kirschenmann and Sister Miriam
MacGillis

*Also Featuring Workshop Presenters:*
Sally Fallon Morell, David Gumpert, Gunther Hauk, John Peterson (Farmer
John), Daron Joffe (Farmer D), Michael Rozyne, Andrew Lorand, Jean-Paul
Courtens, Steffen Schneider, Severine Von Tscharner Fleming, Elizabeth
Henderson and many more!

*Special Events:*

- Biodynamic Youth Gathering
- Biodynamic Food and Wine Tasting
- Special Screening of "Queen of the Sun," a new documentary by the
director of "The Real Dirt on Farmer John"

There is a revolution in human values taking place in our midst — some have
called it the *food revolution*. In the face of an increasingly toxic and
manipulated food system, countless human beings are waking up and pioneering
new approaches to food, farming, health, community and sustainability. For
the past 80 years, biodynamic practitioners have played a key role in
seeding this revolution — from helping shape the early organic farming
movement, to informing the work of *Silent Spring* author Rachel Carson, to
pioneering community supported agriculture
(CSA)<http://www.biodynamics.com/csa1.html>,
to demonstrating how to bring health and flavor back to foods like milk and
wine.

Please join us as we gather during Michaelmas at the Threefold Educational
Center <http://www.threefold.org/index.aspx>, the birthplace of biodynamics
in the US, to honor our origins, strengthen our foundations, and work
together to envision the future of the food revolution!

Visit *www.biodynamics.com/biodynamic-conference-2010* for more information,
or email rebecca@biodynamics.com with any questions.
---
Rebecca Briggs
Communications Director
Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association

  • [permaculture] "Biodynamics & the Future of Agriculture: Growing the Food Revolution, " 09/30-10/03, NY, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 08/13/2010