permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: On an ethics of Mr. Skvorak

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: On an ethics of Mr. Skvorak
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 12:11:50 -0400

On 8/8/2010 11:45 AM, Toby Hemenway wrote:
On Aug 7, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Andrew Millison wrote:

His idea is that these [armies] are the most powerful and
logistically functional human organizations on the Planet, why not
put them to good use as consciousness shifts to Earth healing?

Very true. One of the best events at Scott's course with the Guard
was when we did hands on, and the army crew was assigned to move a
huge pile of earth that a mis-used bulldozer had shoved around,
smooth it, and plant it. The troops worked faster, more efficiently,
and with more team spirit than any group of permies I've ever seen.
They got done in half the time allotted, and then without being
asked, repaired the fence the dozer had trashed, set it back up, and
then asked for more to do. Then the Hopi students came over and sowed
seeds over it all.

We could learn a lot about teamwork and spirit from them all.

Toby http://patternliteracy.com

What a milestone event! Just amazing! Thanks, Toby.