permaculture - Re: [permaculture] California land and house available

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jody Troupe <jodyt2@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] California land and house available
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:55:21 -0400

Hello,

I would be interested in more information. We are just beginning to research communities and your description sounds interesting.

Thank you-
JT

On Jul 10, 2010, at 11:53 PM, Rain Tenaqiya wrote:

We live on 800 acres of collectively-owned land with nine other shareholders, each having a ten acre lease, about six miles outside of Ukiah, California, in Zone 9. One of these shares is for sale and has a four bedroom, passive solar, off-grid house with a garden and fruit trees, plus a pond. It is going for around $300,000. We are a loose community based on stewardship for the land, and there is another permaculture-oriented household in addition to ours, with others at various points along the way. We are looking for younger (not Boomers) folks to buy the share, as most everyone else is exactly 58. Please send me an email if you are interested.

Rain