permaculture - [permaculture] United Farm Workers campaign

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Patrick <forgeadams@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] United Farm Workers campaign
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 19:55:03 -0700 (PDT)

http://takeourjobs.org/
TAKE OUR JOBS
There are two issues facing our
nation--high unemployment and undocumented people in the
workforce--that many Americans believe are related.
Missing from the debate on both
issues is an honest recognition that the food we all eat - at home, in
restaurants and workplace cafeterias (including those in the Capitol) -
comes to us from the labor of undocumented farm workers.
Agriculture in
the United States is dependent on an immigrant workforce.
Three-quarters of all crop workers working in American agriculture
were born outside the United States. According to government
statistics, since the late 1990s, at least 50% of the crop workers
have not been authorized to work legally in the United States.
We are a nation in denial about our
food supply. As a result the UFW has initiated the "Take Our Jobs"
campaign.
Farm workers are ready to welcome
citizens and legal residents who wish to replace them in the field. We
will use our knowledge and staff to help connect the unemployed with
farm employers. Just fill out the form to the right and continue on to
the request for job application.

>From raincascadia@yahoo.com Sat Jul 10 23:53:44 2010
t=1278820422; bh=gVcOazOeI0QtzKOHHzjm2NwNNiAW5PZVFTxLvx5YkgU=;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=jN2ecge7Lrj5B/x/QfhO7ZS8WIUB3y0SbMrlVyVmpQid7ETyOhIBhKypXKpzptqCtUAoqlMGNpz0Gu32/PRtClFHjfbl1uZT3A+k67KoZ0zSbx7TYrHQyz4AXyXwTva5RFLQ290YsH5W3OQR2WdOL82+8HqvLeDqeo7xh/gvoUM=

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=euIMtkMGiLyiAb6moxW5bpQ4Qh7k7RvOFiGrdzM5ZH/NgovfzYfE/SbucKWYMIDj1qVOMrND3wFQu4FAiIEKsh8J2dMiIbyILoUbpR0ZXZZDEaYu0t9SQHR4HNURSuzx+dr0jTf9vCKxg1jA0EIBLTQfp/7U2XdOg0vWY7M/OhE=;