permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Weed-Eating Cows in Just 10 Days

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Darren Doherty <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: Permaculture List <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Weed-Eating Cows in Just 10 Days
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:25:56 +1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Livestock for Landscapes <Livestock_for_Landscapes@mail.vresp.com>
Date: 8 June 2010 22:04
Subject: Weed-Eating Cows in Just 10 Days
To: darren@permaculture.biz

Click to view this email in a
browser<http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/667702/a7dad24ad5/284555535/ec0c4535ae/>
[image: grow-top1.gif] [image: grow-top2.gif] [image: grow-top3.gif]
[image:
grow-top4.gif]
Weeds Are Up! Are Your Cows Ready to Eat Them?
[image: grow-top5.gif] [image: grow-top6.jpg] [image: grow-top7.jpg]
[image:
grow-top8.jpg]
*When you look out at those weeds, don't you wish there was another way to
deal with them? Aren't you tired of spraying them, or mowing them, and then
watching them return every spring?*
If you can't beat them, why not eat them?
[image: KathyFeedsTRex]I've been teaching cows to eat weeds for 7 years,
turning a problem into a nutritious forage. You can visit my web site to
see all the kinds of weeds that cows have eaten or that are
edible<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?LivestockforLandscap/a7dad24ad5/ec0c4535ae/1c7dfe37c9>
.

The process I developed makes it easy for cows to learn. *Now I've put
together some tools to make it easy for you to learn to train them too.** *

Coaching Program
When your schedule is already full, it can be challenging to try something
new, even if you know it would be good for you. *That's where the **coaching
program*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?LivestockforLandscap/a7dad24ad5/ec0c4535ae/28d29ea760>
* comes in.*

You tell us about your operation, your schedule, your weeds, and your cows,
and we build you a personalized training plan to get you on your way with a
minimum of effort. We'll be there for you by phone as you train, so that
you'll know that everything is going as it should, or to make adjustments if
necessary.
*
*
[image: JanKluver 3]
*"Having you there to answer questions if I needed you was very nice."*
*Jan Kluver of Ranch Resources in Sheridan, Montana*
*
*
*Check it out here to see if this is for
you!<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?LivestockforLandscap/a7dad24ad5/ec0c4535ae/d555b15569>
*
------------------------------
Cows Eat Weeds - The Book

[image: bookcover 5]Here's everything you need to know about the training
methods and the science behind them. You'll find out:

- What really makes a plant palatable,
- How creatures choose foods and protect themselves from toxins in
plants,
- How to use a cow's natural behaviors to get her to eat a weed in as
little as five days.

Complete with troubleshooting tips, step-by-step worksheets and a recipe for
building your own training plan, this book makes sure you'll have your cows
eating weeds this summer!

*Read excerpts, look at the table of contents and order
here.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?LivestockforLandscap/a7dad24ad5/ec0c4535ae/d35ac8e28f>
*
------------------------------
*2010 Projects and Past Projects*

We have some interesting projects this grazing season. *You can keep up to
date on them at our
blog*.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?LivestockforLandscap/a7dad24ad5/ec0c4535ae/0f9e6760c8>

Past projects might give you some ideas about what your cows can do. *Check
them out
here.*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?LivestockforLandscap/a7dad24ad5/ec0c4535ae/6c6d85c848>

*Questions/Thoughts?*

We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a line at
kvoth@livestockforlandscapes.com
[image: grow-bottom1.gif] [image: grow-bottom2.gif] [image:
grow-bottom3.gif]

Click
here<http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=a7dad24ad5&lid=284555535&ldh=ec0c4535ae>to
forward this email to a friend
Livestock for Landscapes
6850 W CR 24
Loveland, CO 80538

Read <http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html> the
VerticalResponse marketing policy.
[image: Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!]
<http://www.verticalresponse.com/landing/?mm//a7dad24ad5>

--
Hooroo,
Darren J. Doherty

UPCOMING EVENTS

2010 Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series (Oceania & Beyond)
http://www.RegenAG.com

3 day Farm Ready Approved (Australia only) Keyline Farming Workshops,
September-October 2010, Tasmania, Victoria, NSW, QLD, NZ (
http://www.RegenAG.com)

2º Encuentro Internacional Amigos de los Árboles - 'Más Árboles ante el
Cambio Climático' - Institución Cultural El Brocense, Cáceres, Extremadura,
España (www.masaboles.org) 4, 5 y 6 de Junio, 2010

Earthworks Practicum, Eppalock, VIC, AU, 14-16 June, 2010

APC10 Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Cairns, QLD, AU, September
2010, (www.apc10.org.au)

Permaculture Design Certificate Course (with Christian Shearer), Tanjung
Sutera Resort, Southern Malaysia, December 3 -18, 2010 (www.panyaproject.org
)

International Remote & On-site Broadacre Permaculture Design
Cost-effective GIS/CAD-based Land Development Plans & Design Treatments just
about anywhere....
AUSTRALIA FELIX PERMACULTURE
Broadacre Permaculture Design & Development
International Certified Permaculture Education

Patron Fundacion + Arboles, España (http://www.masarboles.org/)
Project Manager Carbon Culcha, Australia (http://carbonculcha.com.au/)
Vice President New Soil Security Inc. (US)
Originator: Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series (http://www.RegenAG.com
)

Web: http://www.permaculture.biz
PhotoLog: http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz