permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Paul Stamets on the Oil Spill

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Paul Stamets on the Oil Spill
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

Native microbes have already been demonstrated to clean up native wetlands of
toxins such as oil. They will clean it up on their own, but it will also take
the wetlands some time to recover. Microbe companies work with the natives to
increase their numbers and speed up the process, just as permaculturists
speed up process of reforestation by understanding how natural systems
operate.

Cory