permaculture - [permaculture] Re- establishing a water source

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cuauhtemoc Landeros <descendingeagle@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re- establishing a water source
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 00:15:51 -0800

I am currently working on a project in the north of Ca on an indian
reservation. We are trying to increase the flow of a spring on the site. It
is rocky clay soil with mostly oak, madrone and manzanita trees. I have
thought about using keyline design to bring water to the ridges, swales,
catchment/infiltration ponds and dense contour plantings were also another
plan. Does anyone know if there are any trees/plants that hold a large
amount of water in the soil or are there any trees we should watch out for
(ones that take large amounts out of the soil). Any ideas would be of great
appreciation.

Thanks everyone for adding your chi to this movement we could call it our
sustenance/retirement plan but we all know its our for a better future plan.
Keep promoting because when we gain enough mass we are the momentum.

Takes Team Work to make the Dream Work

Know you are the Difference.......

  • [permaculture] Re- establishing a water source, Cuauhtemoc Landeros, 03/27/2010