permaculture - [permaculture] New Era for Rainbow Valley Farm

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Darren Doherty <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: Permaculture List <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] New Era for Rainbow Valley Farm
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:39:31 +1100

*New Era for Rainbow Valley Farm*
Trish Allen-Polaischer

Dear Friends

I want you to know about decisions that affect the future of Rainbow Valley
Farm.

Over the last few months I've been doing some intense soul-searching about
my personal future and the farm's future. I have decided it's time for me
to leave the farm and create a home for myself somewhere else. The farm
needs younger energy now to carry it forward. I need more quiet and
reflective time and have a desire to contribute to permaculture in a
different way. Health issues and the recent complex fracture of my ankle
have brought home the need for change.

Joe and I had a vision "to inspire and support the ethos of sustainable
living”. We created Rainbow Valley Farm to be a working organic farm, a
model of permaculture, and a permaculture education centre that
demonstrates, teaches and promotes ecologically sustainable living,
providing opportunities for students to live, learn and work on the farm. We
achieved that. Our work is done. Now it's time for someone else to take it
on.

The farm will be offered for sale by tender in May.

It would make me happy if Rainbow Valley Farm could continue the work that
Joe and I started. I am putting it out first to the universe and to the
permaculture and organic community. I am open to selling the farm to a
trust, group, family or individual who is inspired to carry on the Rainbow
Valley Farm dream.

The tender process provides for lots of flexibility and if you are
interested in finding out more, please contact (in English) Lorraine Mildon
(United, ph. 09 425 7949, email lmildon@xtra.co.nz) or Janeen Binsted
(Harcourts, ph. 09 4257889, email binsted7@xtra.co.nz).

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to you all for your support over
the last few years, especially since Joe’s death. I now ask for your
support in the next stage of the process and trust that the right people
will come forward to pick up the great potential that exists to take the
farm into the future.

________________________________
Trish Allen-Polaischer, Co-founder
Rainbow Valley Farm
588 Matakana Valley Road
R.D. 5 Warkworth
Tel. 09 422 7432
Email: kana@rainbowvalleyfarm.co.nz
Website: www.rainbowvalleyfarm.co.nz

--
Hooroo,
Darren J. Doherty

UPCOMING EVENTS
2010 Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series (Oceania & Beyond)
http://www.RegenAG.com

Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Ryde TAFE, Ryde, NSW, March/April
2010, (www.permaculturenorth.org.au)

Keyline & Carbon Farming Workshop, 'Taranaki Farm', via 'Woodend, VIC, AU,
12-14 April 2010 (www.fusionfarms.com)

Curso Maquinaria Pesada Keyline Cosecha de Agua (Heavy Equipment & Keyline
Water Harvesting Course), Tepatitlan, Jalisco, Mexico, May 14-17, 2010 (
http://www.coas.com.mx/cms/calendario.html?task=view_detail&agid=87&year=2010&month=05&day=15&catids=36
)

2º Encuentro Internacional Amigos de los Árboles - 'Más Árboles ante el
Cambio Climático' - Institución Cultural El Brocense, Cáceres, Extremadura,
España (www.masaboles.org) 4, 5 y 6 de Junio, 2010

International Remote & On-site Broadacre Permaculture Design
Cost-effective GIS/CAD-based Land Development Plans & Design Treatments just
about anywhere....

AUSTRALIA FELIX PERMACULTURE
Broadacre Permaculture Design & Development
International Certified Permaculture Education

Patron Fundacion + Arboles, España (http://www.masarboles.org/)
Project Manager Carbon Culcha, Australia (http://carbonculcha.com.au/)
Vice President New Soil Security Inc. (US)
Originator: Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series (http://www.RegenAG.com
)

Web: http://www.permaculture.biz
PhotoLog: http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz