permaculture - [permaculture] Garden At Every School campaign!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: School Gardens for Change <schoolgardens4change@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Garden At Every School campaign!
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:03:01 -0500

Dear all fans of healthy food and happy kids,

I am a school garden science teacher...
And this winter I submitted my dream of "Good Food For All Kids:
<http://www.change.org/ideas/view/good_food_for_all_kids_a_garden_at_every_school_2>A
Garden At Every
School<http://www.change.org/ideas/view/good_food_for_all_kids_a_garden_at_every_school_2>"
in the "Ideas for Change in America" contest at
www.Change.org<http://www.change.org/>

This idea for universal school gardens is currently in 2nd Place in the
"Food and Agriculture" category ... and we are just a few days away from
advancing to the final round!
(The final round will be from March 1st to 11th ... open competition between
60 leading ideas for the Top 10 winners! )

The final round will be a huge challenge for us to win, but I believe we can
do it!!

*Our only chance to win is to get off to a fast start with a concerted
social networking campaign that quickly generates thousands of votes...*

This is why I'm now launching a new Facebook group, called *School Gardens
Across America <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=323041926571>*
(Address -- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=323041926571 )
*
*
*Please join us at the Facebook page and help win this contest for all
kids!! *
*
*
*Ideas for Change in America is a crowd-sourcing competition that empowers
citizens to identify and build momentum around the most innovative ideas for
addressing challenges our country faces. *

*The 10 most popular ideas will be presented at an event in Washington, DC
to relevant members of the Obama Administration, and Change.org will
subsequently mobilize its full community to support a series of grassroots
campaigns to turn each idea into reality.*

Thank you and sincerely,
Ethan Genauer, Washington DC
Idea for Change In America: Good Food For All Kids:
<http://www.change.org/ideas/view/good_food_for_all_kids_a_garden_at_every_school_2>A
Garden At Every
School<http://www.change.org/ideas/view/good_food_for_all_kids_a_garden_at_every_school_2>
Volunteer School Garden Science Teacher, Washington Youth
Garden<http://www.washingtonyouthgarden.org/>

  • [permaculture] Garden At Every School campaign!, School Gardens for Change, 02/23/2010