permaculture - [permaculture] Climate Resilient Cities - Mar 2010 - free ecourse

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Patrick <forgeadams@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Climate Resilient Cities - Mar 2010 - free ecourse
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:04:58 -0800 (PST)

http://p2pu.org/climate-resilient-cities-mar-2010

Whilst cities lie at the core of dealing with climate change, people in
developing countries struggle to deal with issues facing their communities
regarding climate change adaptation and disaster risk mitigation from
increased climate driven disasters. This course will investigate how to build
sustainable climate resilient cities by addressing the underlying causes of
vulnerability, understanding the link between poverty and climate
vulnerability, through urban analysis, integrated research and practice, to
incorporate a range of strategies. Climate change vulnerability can vary from
country, city and community, and adaptation demands contextual site-specific
analysis. This course aims to provide a link to network adaptation analysis
at national, regional and community level.