permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Growing a tent city near you here in the US

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: scakya@lobo.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Growing a tent city near you here in the US
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:22:57 -0700

A friend who is working hard in helping solve this growing problem told me about this. It is an opportunity for Permaculture to expand to helping much more as the founders of Findhorn did years ago in their "trailer" lot.

We have some of this problem here in the valley my farm is in and at this time, the people affected are able to share space, bartering, work exchange, etc for a place to live and the basics. The numbers don't yet exceed the communities ability to help.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/03/25/us/20090326-TENTS_index.html

Pat M
NM

  • Re: [permaculture] Growing a tent city near you here in the US, scakya, 02/11/2010