permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Question about Earth Homes, thermal mass and humidity

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: katey culver <newtribe@hughes.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Question about Earth Homes, thermal mass and humidity
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 18:29:42 -0600

Very interesting stuff, Robyn. And what serious conditions! I wouldn't
call the weather comparable to the Southeast US. Unless we're talking
about southern Florida and i have no experience there.

So traditionally the houses are sided with wood? We don't do load-bearing
straw bale. We, too, use timberframing for the structure with straw
infill. Hope Penny's plaster recipe helps (she was one of my permaculture
teachers :-)).

Katey

--
Katey Culver
www.earthandstraw.com

“The most remarkable feature of this historical moment on Earth is not that
we are on the way to destroying the world-we've actually been on the way for
quite a while. It is that we are beginning to wake up, as from a
millennia-long sleep, to a whole new relationship to our world, to ourselves
and each other.”
~Joanna Macy