permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ferrocement tank

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Darren Doherty <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ferrocement tank
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:14:23 +1100

G'day Grif....Try this: Ferrocement Tank BOQ/Course
Budget<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArniWOHzJ1X4cGtSdEhaRm52amdqZlRpTjRlUHAtV3c&hl=en>
....I put it together for a course we were looking to hold in 2008....

Best books I have found are as follows:

Ferrocement Water Tanks and their
Construction<http://developmentbookshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=233>
by
Simon Watt
Rainwater Catchment Systems for Domestic Supply: Design, Construction and
Implementation<http://developmentbookshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=439>
by
John Gould & Erik Nissen-Petersen
Ferrocement: Building with
Cement<http://www.amazon.com/Ferrocement-Building-Cement-Stanley-Abercrombie/dp/0709166931>by
Stanley Abercrombie
Water Storage <http://oasisdesign.net/catalog/index.htm#ws> by Art Ludwig

Also check out our Ferrocement sections at our
Photolog<http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz>
:

Ferrocement
Works<http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz/FerrocementWorks>
based
on our work building various tanks in Viet Nam for the Mars Inc./Forest
Science Institute of Viet Nam project in Nghia Trung (Binh Phuoc Province
from 2005-2008 plus some other photos of other FC work we have seen around
the traps.....

Ferrocement Tank
Roof<http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz/FerrocementTankRoof>
this
was a fun but somewhat over the top job, where we replaced the rotted wood
frame and corrugated roof of a reinforced concrete tank by shaping of the
new roof with a low dome and a crenelated gutter mimicking a patterning the
tail feathers of the Australian Black Swan (Cygnus atratus).

BTW: about to start the PDC at Rainbow Valley Farm: looking great
here...been a bit of a drought (by Matakana standards) but over the last
week we've had some lovely rain which has freshened things up in readiness
for tonight's Powhiri....better go and practice the conch!

All the best and good luck with the FC projects,

Daz

--
Hooroo,
Darren J. Doherty

UPCOMING EVENTS

Permaculture Design Certificate Course - Rainbow Valley Farm, NZ, February
2010 (www.rainbowvalleyfarm.co.nz)

Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Ryde TAFE, Ryde, NSW, March/April
2010, (www.permaculturenorth.org.au)

Keyline & Carbon Farming Workshop, 'Taranaki Farm', via 'Woodend, VIC, AU,
12-14 April 2010 (www.fusionfarms.com)

2º Encuentro Internacional Amigos de los Árboles - 'Más Árboles ante el
Cambio Climático' - Institución Cultural El Brocense, Cáceres, Extremadura,
España (www.masaboles.org) 16, 17 y 18 de Abril, 2010

Curso Maquinaria Pesada Keyline Cosecha de Agua (Heavy Equipment & Keyline
Water Harvesting Course), Tepatitlan, Jalisco, Mexico, May 14-17, 2010 (
http://www.coas.com.mx/cms/calendario.html?task=view_detail&agid=87&year=2010&month=05&day=15&catids=36
)

International Remote & On-site Broadacre Permaculture Design
Cost-effective GIS/CAD-based Land Development Plans & Design Treatments just
about anywhere....

AUSTRALIA FELIX PERMACULTURE
Broadacre Permaculture Design & Development
International Certified Permaculture Education

Patron Fundacion + Arboles, España (http://www.masarboles.org/)
Project Manager Carbon Culcha, Australia (http://carbonculcha.com.au/)
Vice President New Soil Security Inc. (US)

Web: http://www.permaculture.biz
PhotoLog: http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz
Blog: http://www.australiafelixpermaculture.blogspot.com/

skype: permaculture.biz