permaculture - Re: [permaculture] right livelihood advice request (Tripp Tibbetts)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] right livelihood advice request (Tripp Tibbetts)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:51:13 -0800

Great story, Deston!
I just read a book (borrowed through inter-library loan, and then recommended for purchase in the library system here):
Instructions for the Cook.
Fits nicely with the 'updraft' of your message.
Has anyone here read that one?
frances

The book is by Bernie Glassman. My friend who mentioned the title described him as a "a fully cooked, socially engaged Zen roshi."
The book is about life and engagement with life, and includes some telling stories about business ventures that 'do good' or even, as the book cautions 'do less harm' as everything makes demands on the system.