permaculture - [permaculture] Mobilizing financial resources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Warren Brush <w@quailsprings.org>
  • To: PC Listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mobilizing financial resources
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:39:18 -0800

Hello Wes, Cory, et al,

Quail Springs would be interested in being part of developing and hosting a disaster relief training program and the necessary support systems. Considerations: 1) developing a fundraising system like a "permaculture fund" who's ONLY mission is to raise funds and distribute them to training projects and on the ground aid work based on need, whether it is in Haiti or inner city Detroit. 2) Begin to develop relationships with existing relief organizations and first listen to their needs then share how permaculture could be an adjunct to their existing efforts. 3) Create a PC training program for existing relief workers and management. 4) Develop a "first response" team(s) with a rigorous training for systems functionality and fluidity (being able to respond timely, with well trained personnel, appropriate tools and supplies and linked relevantly with other appropriate organizations).

Right now we would like to offer the Permaculture Haiti effort:
Access to our Google Grant: we currently have a $10,000 a month grant in AdWord money as an ongoing donation that could be used to help drive internet traffic to a (need to be developed) fundraising page for Haiti. Our only requirements (from Google) are that we have to be listed as a partner and it has to be a non-profit endeavor to be able to use these advertising funds.
Assist in developing a funding arm of the work (Permaculture Fund)

Thank you all for your good work and mobilization efforts,

Warren

Warren Brush
Co-Founder
Quail Springs Learning Oasis
Trees for Children
Mentoring for Peace

35070 Hwy 33
Cuyama, CA 93252
p 805.886.7239
f 866.321.1102

www.quailsprings.org
www.sustainablevocations.org
www.truenaturedesign.net
www.treesforchildren.org
www.mentoring4peace.com

"Permaculture is an ethically driven integrated design science that creates, recognizes, and supports regenerative systems within the land and our communities"