permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture TV - Certified Permaculture Training with Robyn Francis at Djangbung Gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permaculture Cooperative <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
  • To: pil-pc-oceania@lists.permacultureinternational.org, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture TV - Certified Permaculture Training with Robyn Francis at Djangbung Gardens
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:19:25 -0800

Permaculture TV - Certified Permaculture Training with Robyn Francis at
Djangbung Gardens <http://permaculture.tv>

<http://fusion.google.com/add?source=atgs&feedurl=http://feeds.feedburner.com/permaculture/EHmn>
------------------------------

- Certified Permaculture Training with Robyn Francis at Djangbung
Gardens<#12609f58b59eaa9d_1>
- Cold Climate Permaculture - Bill Mollison <#12609f58b59eaa9d_2>
- Gunter Pauli WISDOM FOR THE FUTURE <#12609f58b59eaa9d_3>

Certified Permaculture Training with Robyn Francis at Djangbung
Gardens<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/permaculture/EHmn/~3/X6B8x-QLGco/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Permaculture pioneer Robyn Francis runs the Djanbung
Gardens<http://permaculture.org.au>at Australia’s first
eco-development

[image: Robyn Francis]

*Certificate IV by Flexible Learning *

*The new revised Certificate IV in Permaculture is now available through
flexible learning.*

Flexible Learning combines short course training, mentored distance and
self-directed learning and project work to complete the Cert IV in
Permaculture. First participants need to complete the foundation training of
the standard 72hr Permaculture Design Course (PDC) and Advanced Design
Skills/FLOW courses offered in our Summer and Winter School programs. Those
who have already completed a PDC simply need to do the Advanced Design
Skills/FLOW to get started.
2010 Dates:

*
Summer School: PDC Jan 10-23 ADS/FLOW Jan 25-28
Winter School: PDC July 3-16, ADS+FLOW 19-22 *
*

*

Source: Djangbung Gardens <http://permaculture.com.au/central/>

*
Supplication to Gaia*
Source: Robyn Francis <http://www.youtube.com/user/robynfrancisearth>

*Permaculture guru leads the way*

Robyn Francis has a MySpace website under the name ‘Permaculture Guru’. And
she is.

The Nimbin resident has been the editor of the Permaculture International
Journal, a founding director of Permaculture International Ltd and a
permaculture teacher and designer all over the world.

For those who came in late… permaculture is essentially a system of
designing sustainable land management systems that work with the earth’s
natural cycles. It takes a holistic approach to the design and development
of human settlements, taking into account food production, structures,
technologies, energy, natural resources, landscape, animal and plant systems
as well as social and economic structures. It literally means “permanent
agriculture” and the term was first coined by Bill Mollison and David
Holmgren in the mid 1970s.

When The Echo visited Robyn at Djanbung Gardens, the permaculture training
centre she has been running since 1994, there were signs on the wall with
messages like ‘look for low energy solutions – let the ladybirds eat the
bugs in your garden’.

The five-and-a-half acre training centre is next door to Jarlanbah, an
eco-village with 43 residential lots that Robyn designed in the early 90s.

“I’d been living up here for about five years looking for my perfect patch
to set up a permaculture training centre and this fitted the bill
perfectly,” she said.

For Robyn, a sustainable lifestyle wasn’t a choice she made later in life,
it was something she grew up with.

“My folks were very resourceful people. They grew up during the Depression
on dairy farms here on the North Coast… We had a standard quarter-acre
backyard (in Inverell) but it was full of vegie gardens and fruit trees and
chickens and ducks and a few hives of bees and a milking goat that we used
to tether to mow the neighbours’ lawns. Before we got town water we had a
2000-gallon tank we had to survive on. Water was seriously rationed; half a
cup for brushing your teeth. So having a high degree of self reliance was
something I grew up with and thought was normal,” she said. “When I finished
schooling I spent a few years in Sydney and then went travelling, and that
was my real education. What I found particularly fascinating was village
culture and the different ways people farmed… I lived for three-and-a-half
years in Bavaria not far from Munich. The last of the old traditional
farmers were still there farming in their old ways with the rotational
crops. The only change was that horses had been replaced with tractors. The
only thing they were importing onto their farms was the diesel for their
tractors. Their animals provided all the nutrients for the crops.”

Source: Northern Rivers
Echo<http://www.echonews.com.au/story/2009/12/17/permaculture-guru-helps/>

Cold Climate Permaculture - Bill
Mollison<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/permaculture/EHmn/~3/zqCvXgVCepk/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Bill Mollison, co-founder of permaculture on cold climate permaculture

From video series Global Gardener, Bill Mollison (co-popularizer of
permaculture ideas with David Holmgren) narrates a four part series
exploring successful permaculture strategies in four different climatic
contexts around the world

Source: Tagari <http://tagari.com>

Gunter Pauli WISDOM FOR THE
FUTURE<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/permaculture/EHmn/~3/1nDCzW20Vwc/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Gunter Pauli WISDOM FOR THE FUTURE, The wisdom of the past is not the wisdom
of today. Time has come to create the wisdom for the future that brings

Zero Emissions Research & Initiatives (ZERI) is a global network of
creative minds seeking solutions to world challenges. The common vision
shared by the members of the ZERI family is to view waste as resource and
seek solutions using nature’s design principles as inspiration.

Source: ZERI <http://www.zeri.org/>
You are subscribed to email updates from Permaculture.TV free video
cooperative <http://permaculture.tv>
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe
now<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailunsubscribe?k=WWJ_UuIEUkFR2iTClNfc3f1kwJg>
. Email delivery powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL
USA 60610

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture TV - Certified Permaculture Training with Robyn Francis at Djangbung Gardens, Permaculture Cooperative, 01/07/2010