permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] CODEX ALIMENTARIUS ..Coming nextweek]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LINDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] CODEX ALIMENTARIUS ..Coming nextweek]
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:10:09 +0000

Yes it s.... Umm, it's sick. It should be a real shot-in-the-arm for market
growth in urban edible landscaping, I *hope*.

IMO, also the lack of nutrition in conventionally-farmed food should pretty
quick come under scrutiny. Shortly after that standard farming practices for
conventional agriculture in the USA should pretty quick come under
discussion. I'm looking forward to that scrutiny and discussion, and I hope
it happens.

I have wondered why there has been no mention of Codex Alimentarius here.

I can tell you that most working folks in the USA seem to have absolutely no
idea why they should be concerned about the Codex. They don't even know what
it is; I think that's horrendous. However, most folks have pooh-poohed my own
concern when I've brought it up... I've gotten into several arguments about
it to date. The fact that hardly anyone sees it coming- That worries me
tremendously. WTH are they thinking? I don't think they *are* thinking...

It was the same way with the GMO cr@p. *Way* before it all hit critical mass,
I travelled up and down the state of Florida, speaking to grocery store
produce buyers and store managers, farmers at Southern SAWG and FOG
conferences and anyone else I thought I could get to listen, attempting to
let them know it was coming and mobilize them against it. And boy, did I
catch a lot of flak from some of the ego-driven and entrenched bozos out
there over it.

Now we have GMO entities loose all over the place, contaminating heirloom
crops.

I was shocked that, even among the farmers, apparently no one knew about the
GMO issue.

Now here we go again. The way things are going, we'll be confined to
secretive indoor gardening with Hepa filtered air in order to keep our
heirloom seed and/or other crops uncontaminated.

So- Will the members of this group please inform yourselves on this issue?

LISTEN to that video if you haven't already heard it. Forward it to others.
Get this word out.

Stepping off the soapbox now-

Stay well,

Linda
PS: If there are any members of this list out there who are residing in a
Codex country, I hope you will please post and let us know what the effects
have been wherever you are.

Listmembers, 'Thank you' for your patience with me.
-------------- Original message from "Lawrence F. London, Jr."
<lflj@bellsouth.net>: --------------