permaculture - [permaculture] teaching offer "QUALITY CONTROL" and "INTERNAL ASSEMENTS".

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] teaching offer "QUALITY CONTROL" and "INTERNAL ASSEMENTS".
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 02:47:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi Deston,

I am just moseying through some of the neglected emails of late and just read
your long rant.

Good stuff.  Thanks,

this ibiblio list serve certainly gives a person lots to read and some
interesting threads but it is a lot to keep up with and just a small portion
of the permaculture movement which is a small portion of the movement for
earth sanity.

I was thinking to invite you to stop by my July 12-25 permaculture design
course for a couple days and contribute a couple sessions.  Low pay, but a
chance to work at a course.

What are the bits of the curriculum that you feel you'd like to do?

Guest instructors get some class time. but one of the reasons I bring them
in, is so that students can talk to them in private and at dinner, etc.  The
spaces in between the sessions is also important. another thing I like guest
instructors to do is  helping design teams figure things out.

Interested?

Michael

July 12-25. Methow Valley.
Two-week Permaculture Design Course. Skalitude Retreat Center,
Michael Pilarski and other instructors.  The main focus is learning
permaculture principles and design methodology. The principles and
methodology, once learned, can be applied and adapted  to any site. Each site
and each client are unique. No cookie-cutter solutions.  The course covers
the traditional Mollison permaculture curriculum as well as lots of local
knowledge. The species and techniques will be aimed at the interior Pacific
Northwest which includes North-central Washington, Eastern Washington,
Eastern Oregon, Idaho, Western Montana and southern Interior British
Columbia.