permaculture - [permaculture] Robert Waldrop and the gardener's shadow

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tripp Tibbetts <slowfoodguy@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Robert Waldrop and the gardener's shadow
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:46:10 -0800 (PST)

Just want to say very quickly that one of the best things to come of this
lengthy discussion on the need for a formal PDC, and the potential existence
of spiritual connection to the universe, was my introduction to Bob Waldrop.

Bob is an extraordinary person doing extraordinary things in Oklahoma City.
We've chatted a few times off-line since I was unusually flippant about a
post he made to the thread.  I find it easy to open an email, see the black
and white shapes arranged in everyday English syntax, disembodied from every
amazing story behind every amazing human comprising the unique cast of
characters on this list.  And in so doing, take the chance of offending and
belittling people who have enriched the world around them in incalculable
ways.  Bob makes me want to slow down and imagine an epic journey of
discovery behind each name before I speak.

In Oklahoma City, Bob Waldrop's generous shadow must truly fall in all
directions.

Bob's new friend,
Tripp

-Chinese proverb