permaculture - Re: [permaculture] four-bevel surveyor's scale - anyone?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Vinton Lawrence <vlawrence@nets.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] four-bevel surveyor's scale - anyone?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 20:26:11 -0700

Check at Draftingsteals.com under 4 bevel flat engineering scale. Alvin model 216P is $13.78.
Happy measuring....
Vint Lawrence

rafter sass wrote:
Hey folks,

Does anyone know a source for a 4-bevel flat surveyor's scale?
I'm following up on one of Darren Doherty's recommendations for a field kit:

Scale Ruler - Flat Four Scale - 1:100, 1:125, 1:250, 1:500

I've searched high and low, and the scales I find that have anything like those
scale ratios are triangular (and therefore a pain to carry around in the field),
while the flat four-bevel scales that I find are for engineers and/or architects - not surveyors - and thus
have different scale ratio systems.

Darren? Anybody?

Thanks!

Best,