permaculture - [permaculture] Great Doc. on American Anarchism featuring Starhawk

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Evan Schoepke <thejulianeffect@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Great Doc. on American Anarchism featuring Starhawk
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 02:09:52 -0800

A Peace of the Anarchy! <http://www.punkrockpermaculture.com>

This fim features two personal heroes of mine antiwar activist Kathy Kelly
and permaculture teacher and eco-activist Starhawk.
I feel this is a decent documentary that dispels the many myths about
anarchist being violent, intolerant, jerks, who can't get their shit
together. The anarchists I know are generally very peaceful, understanding
and kind, and quite well organized but a bit isolated. They're isolated
because they're misunderstood and because of years of government repression,
propaganda, and spying. Many of them are practically minded and *a very
large number* are into permaculture in significant ways which is great! In
fact the three ethics of permaculture very succinctly some up the ethics of
anarchism, how interesting?

~evan (@gaiapunk)

-- P.S. also mentions punk which is sweet too!

The obstacle is the Path.
-Zen Proverb

I write at www.punkrockpermaculture.com