permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Masdar City - Dubai’s Debt and false permaculture Paradise

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Masdar City - Dubai’s Debt and false permaculture Paradise
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 22:33:27 -0500

Evan Schoepke wrote:
I think it's relevant news that Geoff Lawton a prominent and inspiring
permaculturalist is attached to a project with extremely dubious ideas and
aims. If you want you can see my article on it here:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-13224-Green-Community-Examiner~y2009m10d13-Masdar-City-Making-Waves

Maybe its OK; if its a magnet for industry, commerce, tourism, development, money, community then someone has to bring permaculture to that place; the alternative might be pretty awful. Kudos to Geoff,
may he remain firm and steadfast in his beliefs and methods,
in the face of .... look at the pix of the shoreline ...
bikinis, sumptuous buffets, wine & dine with the wealthy and influential
with appropriate female companionship ... LA would take a back seat to that scene.

Here's our man, Evan:

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/author/evans_49731_2009-06-05%2023-24-08.719.jpg

Nice smile, handsome fellow. Where's the punk attire?