permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture.coop - Notes on Mondragon & Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permaculture Cooperative <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
  • To: pil-pc-oceania@lists.permacultureinternational.org, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture.coop - Notes on Mondragon & Permaculture
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 12:28:09 -0800

hi again

I have updated and expanded, providing links and some dodgy grammer for my
brain-dump email of a couple of days ago regarding Permaculture Cooperation,
Succession etc

full post (very long post)
http://gaiapermaculture.com/projects/permaculturecooperative/blog/2009/11/07/permaculturecoop-notes-on-mondragon-permaculture/

have also included some info from a Mondragon presentation we received while
in Arrasate earlier this year

-------------------------------

The Mondragon Cooperative is actually a group of 120 cooperatives, all
working within a inter-cooperative framework. Organised with Industrial
groups.

INDUSTRIAL 87
CREDIT 1
CONSUMER 1
AGRICULTURAL 4
EDUCATION 8
RESEARCH 13
SERVICES 6

TOTAL 120 cooperatives

Mondragons Strategy is

People are the mainstay of the enterprise (twenty-first century, century of
knowledge)
We are all owners and protagonists
One person, one vote (democracy)
The involvement of everyone in: Management, Ownership and Results
Self-management
Decentralised organisation
Real inter-cooperation in funds and people
Reinvestment of surplus
Social responsibility
Innovation: Technical/Technological, Organisational, Financial, Social
Balance between job creation and financial profitability
Internationalization

Mondragon's 10 principles are

1. Open Admission.
2. Democratic Organization.
3. Sovereignty of Labor.
4. Instrumental and Subordinate Nature of Capital.
5. Participatory Management.
6. Wage Solidarity.
7. INTERCO-OPERATION.
8. Social Transformation.
9. Universality.
10. Education

--
Nicholas Roberts & Kirstie Stramler

skype permaculturecoop
email permaculturecoop@gmail.com
phone +1 415 670 9710
--
plans http://gaiapermaculture.com
video http://Permaculture.TV

  • [permaculture] Permaculture.coop - Notes on Mondragon & Permaculture, Permaculture Cooperative, 11/08/2009