permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] looking for someone composting hog manure]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] looking for someone composting hog manure]
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 19:04:54 -0500

------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:31:00 +1100
From: James Sprunt <james.sprunt@GMAIL.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Of course he will not be able to visit this one as it is near Ballarat in
Victoria, Australia. However, it may be useful for him to have a look at
Berrybank Farm which has a 15000 pig operation, a biodigester producing
160kW/hr electricity over a 16 hour day and then a composting operation.

The certified organic compost and potting mix is sold to independent
nurseries and others across the country.

If he wants to contact them directly, contact me and I will get the details
for him as I know one of the brothers.

James