permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The ibiblio lists I maintain - subscribers welcome(working URLs)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The ibiblio lists I maintain - subscribers welcome(working URLs)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:13:15 -0400

grifenhope at gmail.com:
Can we turn this resource into a wiki or other web 2 or 3? Maybe integrate the whole lot with earth action mentor, Gaia u etc?

We already have one wiki at:
http://permaculture.info

I have been planning on installing MediaWiki (same as permaculture.ino & Wikipedia) and using Wordpress as a login portal with BBPress (rom Wordpress) for forums. This is good software and a resonable combination though other blog and forum sotware might work as well or better integrated with MediaWiki. I was going to turn this into a comprehensive Permaculture resource. No reason why this can't also be done with permaculture.info.

> Can we turn this resource into a wiki or other web 2 or 3?

I you mean using a collection of webforums at one site spanning the topics covered by the mailing lists that could be done, with the right software, good if it offered downloadable archives, spam filtering.
MediaWiki offers an amazing array of features, cost is user friendliness
and learning curve, especially for co-administrators and managing editors.

Seems lots of people set up a site with webforums. If some of the lists I have were to be replaced with webforums they would need to be full featured and secure. Mailman provides a lot of tools offering extensive configuration options and downloadable archives.

> Maybe integrate the whole lot with earth action mentor, Gaia u etc?

What are they?

  • Re: [permaculture] The ibiblio lists I maintain - subscribers welcome(working URLs), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 10/25/2009