permaculture - [permaculture] Follow the IPC9 Nov 2-6 Malawi on the official BLOG /Please share

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Follow the IPC9 Nov 2-6 Malawi on the official BLOG /Please share
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 05:29:11 -0700

IPC9 http://www.ipcon.org

hi everyone
just to let you know the or those who can't attend the 9 International Permaculture Conference and Convergence (IPC9) Nov2-6 Malawi 2009, can sign up for email alerts or RSS feeds

GREETINGS FROM ORGANIZERS

IPC9 MALAWI , AFRICA 2009

DESIGNING SOLUTIONS FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE - PLAN AFRICA: FOOD AND EMPOWERMENT

On behalf of the organisers of the the 9th International Permaculture Conference and Convergence (IPC9) that is happpening in Africa I extend a warm welcome to you from the warm heart of Africa. We invite you to this blog so that you can be part of the excitement that we are having in hosting this momentous event that comes on the eve of the Copenhagen summit on climatic change. The IPC is a genuine grassroots movement that happens entirely due to the energy and enthusiasm of the ordinary member.

The Programme that is lined up for the convergence is packed with experiences from across the world that will be shared during the first two days. On the third day we have created open spaces where participants will direct their energies towards an issue of their choice. On the fourth day of the convergence we gather to share the strategies from the various open spaces and thematic discussions. During the conference we will have key note presentations before a tree planting exercise with the local people. After that the participants walk through displays and markets and network. A group of over 50 young learners from various schools will be part of the conference gathering. The conference will be followed by a three week tour of Permaculture projects in three Southern African countries.

We look forward to sharing much of the excitement from these events on this blog. Welcome! Bemvindo! Bienvenue! Karibu! Mwalandiridwa! Sethule! Tigashire!Titambire! Mugove Walter Nyika, IPC9 Coordinator, Blantyre, Malawi. October 2009