permaculture - [permaculture] seed germination

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] seed germination
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:35:31 +0200

hello around:

i am looking for a publication i used to own (left if behind in the library of a community i used to part of). it is a 'book' (sort of) on the subject of seed germination. it is written by a retired (emeritius) univ prof from the u.s., could be that he was from a texas university, if i remember correctly, and his last name maybe was 'reno' (?). it was a really great publication, giving the optimum treatment for all sorts of trees and wild plants, with figures on how many % of the seeds will sprout after what treatment - like: 6 weeks cold (5%) - 6 weeks warm (2%) - 6 weeks cold (15%) - 6 weeks warm (5%) - 6 weeks cold (55%) - it listed the results ater alternating cycles of warm and cold treatment (or charring or gibberalic acid, etc), so one doesnt trow out the flats prematurely. so, if anyone could point me to a website, where i can purchase it, or at least tell me the guys' name, or the exact name of the publication, it would be most appreciated.

thanks!
georg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Georg Parlow
http://peakstates.com
+43-650-8899345

  • [permaculture] seed germination, georg parlow, 09/03/2009