permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Paradise Home for Sale in Colorado

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Paradise Home for Sale in Colorado
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:31:44 -0400

Bonnie and Gary at Pikes Peak Permaculture asked me to share this opportunity.
Keith
PS There may be a need for online classified ads at the Permaculture Activist site. If you agree I'd like to hear from you.

Hi folks ~ I'm asking your help to get the word out about our amazing and unique home. We're hoping someone will recognize the rare value of this abundantly food-producing garden, and will buy it to continue what's been established. There is no other permaculture garden of this duration or magnitude in the Pikes Peak region. The home and garden combined is ideal for classes, and we know many people who stand ready to teach permaculture and/or organic gardening and other related classes if the new buyer wants to do that. Please forward this to any and all "Green" organizations or people who may be interested, in or outside of Colorado (they may want to move here). Thanks so much!
~ Bonnie and Gary ~ Co-Founders, Pikes Peak Permaculture

Organically Gardened PERMACULTURE PARADISE FOR SALE! $269K

Bonnie Willow and Gary Deetz are selling their wonderful home on 1/3 acre. What an opportunity! The land has been organically gardened for 10 years, permaculture gardened for 7 of those years. It is a certified Wildlife Habitat, and has a pond with fountain and a big shed. It's the home base for Pikes Peak Permaculture and many classes have been taught in these gardens.
The gardens perennially produce cherries, apricots, pears, apples, currants, and a wide variety of cooking herbs year round (in a spiral herb garden). There are many medicinal herb plants that are huge and well-established... comfrey, motherwort, valerian, feverfew, chamomile and more. In the back is a large area of raised beds for annual vegetables. Perennial shasta daisies, yarrow, marigolds, larkspur and russian sage and spirea bushes add colorful blossoms throughout the season.

The home itself has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths upstairs, in addition to large kitchen and separate dining area and office/other bedroom area. There is a large bay window with amazing views of the sunset over the mountain range, looking west. Downstairs is a finished bedroom and living room (newly sheetrocked & painted) and a half bath. There is also an unfinished basement area for storage, currently a workshop and indoor growing area. Wood stove is downstairs, for off-the-grid heating of the whole house.

There is a 3 car garage with storage loft above and drive-through rear door that gives you truck access to the back yard. There is a good workshop area in the garage.

The home has three separate living areas, so this home lends itself to being shared. The downstairs could be ideal for workshops, classes, etc. Upstairs it's all hardwood floors, and there is a fireplace upstairs and a woodstove downstairs. The neighborhood is great, very friendly neighbors, and other organic gardens on our street.

More information can be found at Zillow.com <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102632257876&s=157&e=001igV5nxiHDSQN4BaCJrX8XNMCKVyiNYVR1oVImV_Nm6-2Ztme50qNw1F9RId9JYbyew1VqKUhq7PHsnFXTBZCTcF6ez9IZoN6gczeHXFba7vR6_MD-p1qBXXh5_zQx-HVRVZ-nZeNiD0RJERtlnqeiykv573nupWVa9REwD6JX2ZI3jUmhCenwg-2vmjTDFFy> (enter our address: 1517 Lorraine Street Colorado Springs 80905)
More photos can be found at www.pikespeakpermaculture.org <http://www.pikespeakpermaculture.org>

If you're interested, call us for the best deal! 719-575-0592

PLEASE FORWARD THIS to anyone who may have an interest in this Permaculture Paradise!

Wondering why we're selling? For a variety of reasons, we have decided to move to the Asheville North Carolina region. Among our reasons are these:

- 4 seasons of 3 months each. Yes, a 3 month winter!
- A big, thriving Permaculture and organic gardening community, with many of our friends living there. Earthaven Community is there, and the magazine The Mother Earth News was started there.
- A large, active arts and metaphysics community.
- Virgin forests! Yes, they still exist, in small quantities. The Smokey & Blue Ridge Mountains are right there, and their forests are full of life.
- Cockroaches! We miss 'em.
- Lastly and most importantly, Bonnie's family has experienced some big changes, and our help and presence is needed. We look forward to a rich family life... something we've both been missing.

  • [permaculture] Permaculture Paradise Home for Sale in Colorado, Keith Johnson, 09/02/2009