permaculture - [permaculture] Lakota Permaculture Course extends Early Bird deadline!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Udan Farm <udanfarm@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Lakota Permaculture Course extends Early Bird deadline!
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:44:58 -0700 (PDT)

I got an email from the organizer of this course-they are extending the Early
Bird Discount!
She said "We are extending the Early Bird special and we may consider price
cuts or payments, etc, to get people there though the costs are higher for
this course than most because we are funding some Lakota coming, etc. This is
going to be a kick off of a "sustainability/resilience school" on the rez, so
is very historically important. Pine Ridge could become a center for
sustainability, if things go as we want them to, which would be very, very
appropriate. There are so many exciting things attached to this course, I
really want to make it happen and have it be very successful."

Pine Ridge Lakota Reservation - Permaculture Design Course
Pine Ridge, S.D., USA
Dates:  September 11-September 27, 2009
Location: Pine Ridge Lakota Reservation, Pine Ridge, S.D., USA

systems design for all landscapes, circumstances and climates.  Learn how to
create sustainable food systems, water harvesting, built environments,
economies, communities and more. Gain these essential skills in a Native
American context, a very unique opportunity. The Oglala Lakota tribe has a
rich history and Pine Ridge reservation is at the center of it with Wounded
Knee and other key historical sites.  In addition to the 72 hour
certification course, workshops will be offered by tribal members on
appropriate technologies, tribal history and native practices and there will
be field trips to view sustainable projects and other aspects of the
reservation.
The course is appropriate for those seeking to apply permaculture practices
in their own lives or in their communities in diverse ways, as well providing
a foundation for those intending to teach permaculture and/or provide
professional design and consulting services.
Instructor will be Warren Brush who is a permaculture designer and educator
in North America and Africa, founder of True Nature Design, and co-founder of
Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm and Trees for Children.
Workshops will also be offered by tribal members on appropriate technologies,
tribal history and native practices and there will be field trips to view
sustainable projects and other aspects of the reservation.
Prices include tuition, certification, handbook/course guide, organic catered
meals, and camping accommodations nearby. Teepees will be available for early
registrants.
Early registration with deposit to secure a place in the course is advised as
enrollment is limited and the course is expected to fill quickly.
*Regular price: $1,500, Couples price for second partner: $1,200
Early Bird price (for payment in full by July 15, 2009): $1,350.
PDC Graduates/Refresher Course Early Bird price: $1,200. Regular registration
$400 deposit to secure your space with balance due by Sept 1, 2009.

Instructors: Warren Brush and local guest instructors

Cost: $1350 Early Bird, Regular price $1500 see above or website for more
details, early bird info, and discounts.

Contact: Cory Brennan
818-731-4706 cory@thepermacultureguild.com
For more information go to
http://www.thepermacultureguild.com/images/doc/lakota%209-11.doc