permaculture - [permaculture] Biochar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Angela Manno <amanno@angelamanno.com>
  • To: Angela Manno <amanno@angelamanno.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Biochar
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:45:56 -0400

Dear Friends,

This was just sent to me from a Canadian friend at Quaker Earthcare Witness:

“. . . we should be extremely wary of manipulation by carbon traders and International Biochar Initiative
<http://www.biochar-international.org/> who are proposing environmentally damaging megaprojects. If the biochar you hear about is associated with offsets, cap-and-trade, REDD or CDM -- watch out! And tell your friends to beware.

Details of James Bruges' proposal, and the warning by 147 NGOs about IBI projects, were posted on QEWnet a while back:
http://qewnet.ning.com/forum/topics/350org-conference-in-nyc-3-may? page=1&commentId=2579847%3AComment%3A1469&x=1#2579847Comment1469

Thanks,

Angela
Angela Manno
Art & Soul Studios
Transformation Through Communication and the Arts
970-275-1525
amanno@angelamanno.com
www.angelamanno.com

  • [permaculture] Biochar, Angela Manno, 08/24/2009