permaculture - [permaculture] Lilac Leaf Miner Control Gracilaria syringella

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: trevor william johnson <john2116@msu.edu>
  • To: permaculture permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Lilac Leaf Miner Control Gracilaria syringella
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:59:55 -0400

I have a PC client that is having their lilacs demolished by the lilac leaf miner. The plants are in shade (they dont like that) and the soil is not a fertile as they like. Besides those observations...what is a natural predator of this moth or larva that i can attract to the garden with a planting. OR what would be an aromatic pest confuser that would repel the insects when they are trying to lay eggs? My internet research as well as looking through gaias garden and edible forest gardens has not yielded any tangible answers.

Trevor Johnson
Michigan USA

  • [permaculture] Lilac Leaf Miner Control Gracilaria syringella, trevor william johnson, 08/18/2009