permaculture - [permaculture] Robyn Francis NorthWest Tour

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: erda <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Robyn Francis NorthWest Tour
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:33:15 +1000

Just received the final itinerary for the rest of my US trip and events.
Have had a wonderful time in the US so far with the courses at RDI,
Bolinas, and at Quail Springs. Wes and Marg did a fantastic job organising
the Cuba presentation in Santa Barbara. I'm currently in the Cascades with
Skeeter heading towards Bellingham after a successfull presentation last
night in Tonasket. Looking forward to catching up with more permie folk and
projects over the coming 2 weeks.

ciao
Robyn

NorthWest Tour Itinerary
8/13: An evening presentation of "My Eco-Neighborhood" where Robyn presents
an inspiring case study of her village of Nimbin in Northern NSW Australia
as an example of Permaculture working at a community scale.
Venue: Inspiration Farm, Bellingham, Washington. Contact: Bruce Horowitz @
360.398.7061

8/14: A day-long workshop entitled "Eco-Social Matrix: Strategic Framework
for Transition Planning". Robyn developed ESM to inform the process of
neighborhood to regional strategic planning and eco-cultural mapping,
sustainable settlement design and initiatives for re-localization to build
resilient, self-reliant communities. The workshop presents working case
studies and engages participatory processes to develop an ESM framework for
your local community or bioregion.
Venue: Inspiration Farm, Bellingham, Washington. Contact: Bruce Horowitz @
360.398.7061

8/17: An evening presentation of "My Eco-Neighborhood" where Robyn presents
an inspiring case study of her village of Nimbin in Northern NSW Australia
as an example of Permaculture working at a community scale.
Venue: Kings Books, Tacoma, Washington. Contact: Kelda Miller:
253.370.9946

8/18: An evening presentation of "My Eco-Neighborhood" where Robyn presents
an inspiring case study of her village of Nimbin in Northern NSW Australia
as an example of Permaculture working at a community scale.
Venue: TBA, Olympia, Washington. Contact: Marisha Auerbach: 360.789.0799

8/19: A day-long workshop entitled "Cultural Ecology Inside Out: Personal
to Planetary Transition". Navigating the great transition presents new
opportunities and challenges on a deeply personal as well as societal
level. We are effectively redefining and reinventing our culture from the
inside out. As unsustainable systems collapse we have a unique opportunity
to shape the new emerging culture.
This workshop explores tools and perspectives to facilitate this process
drawing from ancestral wisdoms, deep ecology, permaculture, eco-literacy
and socio-cultural ecology. Holistic change involves practical earth
stewardship and personal development, integrating simple living,
self-reliance and creative responses to build resilience into our lives and
communities. The workshop engages ritual, theatre, music, individual and
group work, council of beings and creative processes as tools for personal
and collective empowerment.Venue: Terra Commons, Olympia, Washington.
Contact: Marisha Auerbach: 360.789.0799

8/22: "My Eco-Neighborhood" presentation and "One Earth Footprint: Learning
from Cuba's Experience" being offered as part of a day-long program at the
Bullock Brothers Permaculture Homestead on Orcas Island, Washington.
Contact: Dave Boehnlien: 360.840.8483

8/24: An evening presentation of "My Eco-Neighborhood" where Robyn presents
an inspiring case study of her village of Nimbin in Northern NSW Australia
as an example of Permaculture working at a community scale.
Venue: TBA, Portland, Oregon. Contact: Leonard Barrett: 503.425.9706

Tyrone LaFay
Graduate Candidate
Department of Landscape Architecture
College of Environmental Design