permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Community Gardens Act of 2009

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jocelyn Campbell <jocecampbell@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Community Gardens Act of 2009
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:54:02 -0700

Nice news! Congressman Inslee mentions 21 Acres in Woodinville, which is
more than just organic community gardens. It's also a place for market
gardeners to lease land (in the suburbs of Seattle!), they're developing
permaculture demonstration orchards and just broke ground for a "beyond
green" building that will have the largest solar array in Washington State
and composting toilets, too! See
http://www.21acres.org/building-beyond-green-breaking-ground, or
http://www.21acres.org/agriculturalcenter for this project that is near and
dear to me.

Cheers to local food and community gardens!

Jocelyn