permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Water calculations

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Darren Doherty <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Water calculations
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 07:11:59 +0200

G'day,
I have a number of spreadsheets developed that are available through Google
Documents and accessible through our
blog<http://australiafelixpermaculture.blogspot.com/> ,
this one Water
Audit<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArniWOHzJ1X4ckpFekw3dkRQMmxzZEtGaDd4SUJTNnc&hl=en>being
one of them....As with any plans or reports I do, as soon as I do one
then I put them up on our Google Picasa Photo
gallery<http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz>or in the Google
Documents page for viewing. My intention is to share as
much as I can for two reasons:

1. A form of global backup
2. To help new and developing designer/developers with their own projects

The Water Audit file was one I developed during the concept
planning<http://lh4.ggpht.com/_t1Ex9Cx3Jfg/SWdCO6-p3ZI/AAAAAAAAMfA/KQkTkh2ybLo/s576/ConceptPlan.jpg>phase
of a village design project on the Tasman Peninsula in SE Tasmania
earlier in the year. The project site is an existing motel complex and the
client wants to set up a subdivision which I designed, but as with all
designs the 1st job was to design the water systems and for this you need an
audit. Being a motel with a restaurant, linen service etc etc. meant some
additional bits had to be added. Anyways have a look through it and see
whether it is helpful or not.

All the best,

Darren Doherty

2009/7/5 Steve Read <steveread@free.fr>

> Hallo all
>
> Does anyone have/know of a spreadsheet that calculates potential
> roof/surface water catchment and links to
> consumption patterns
> with me able to put in lots of variables, monthly rainfall, changing
> numbers of people for eg? for XP (yes i know!)
> or linux
>
> Steve Read

> Google command to search archives:

Hooroo,
Darren J. Doherty

News 2009!

3-43 day Carbon Farming Courses, NZ, California, Ibiza, New Mexico, Mexico,
Tennessee, February-December 2009
Stacked Modules on: Holistic Management, Soil Food Web, Broadacre
Permaculture, ZERI, Fungi, BioChar, Energy Systems, Natural Building &
Pathways to Relocalisation
with Terry Gompert (HMCE), Kirk Gadzia (HMCE), Abe Collins, Dr. Elaine
Ingham, Paul Taylor, Darren Doherty, Brock Dolman, Brad Lancaster, Penny
Livingston-Stark, Paul Stamets (TBC), Howard Yana-Shapiro, Michael G. Smith,
Warren Brush, Joel & Daniel Salatin.

Permaculture Design Certificate Courses - NZ, Mallorca, California, South
Dakota, Ohio, February-October 2009
with Darren Doherty, Penny Livingston-Stark, Robyn Francis, Warren Brush

International Remote & On-site Broadacre Permaculture Design
Cost-effective GIS/CAD-based Land Development Plans & Design Treatments just
about anywhere....
AUSTRALIA FELIX PERMACULTURE
Broadacre Permaculture Design & Development
International Certified Permaculture Education

Web: http://www.permaculture.biz
PhotoLog: http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz
Blog: http://www.australiafelixpermaculture.blogspot.com/

+61 (3) 9010 6220