permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Planning Department encourages infill, offers tiny-house p...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Planning Department encourages infill, offers tiny-house p...
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:12:41 -0400

Santa Barbara has the same problem and a few social justice activists are
working to convert our remaining?farmland to lowcost housing which is a much
worse solution than San Luis has just adopted.? I would much rather preserve
the farmland and see those who can add a small extra building in their
property do so.? I bet in most cases they will still have plenty of room to
grow food, plus not all of us will grow food. Extra housing is just a
different yield from urban land.

Larry Saltzman