permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PC diversity: whiter shady pals

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PC diversity: whiter shady pals
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:15:02 -0400

Food Forests wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormfront_(website)

some of the west bank settlers are hardly any better and are
using some of my taxes for sustenance

how about a fair deal for the Palestinians (I mean the real ones
who have real lives, do real work (i.e. farming, grow olives and
pomegranites),
feed and educate their families and live nonviolently like most of the
world...

I was planning to write a wandering tale about a pipe dream of an idea for peaceful coexistence between Jews and Arabs so enamored of such prospects. I got the idea reading about Corfu in an old Gourmet magazine with mention of olive trees. I knew a Palestinian here in NC who told me about their olive harvest and first pressing of oil. Looking at a pitcher of this delicacy one would see what resembled thick cream or clabbered milk, almost spreadable with tableware.
This led to ideas/visions of Jew/Arab market farms, regional gourmet
restaurants using local produce taken to the max,
with international visibility, tourism, ecotourism, and... "a good time was had by
all..."

Just for starters.

LL