permaculture - [permaculture] Advanced Permaculture Design Course w/ Andrew Faust in Ellenville NY t his weekend

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "treefaust@juno.com" <treefaust@juno.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Advanced Permaculture Design Course w/ Andrew Faust in Ellenville NY t his weekend
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 03:45:12 GMT

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to remind you all about the last class in our summer Advanced
Permaculture Design series this weekend: Edible Forest Gardens and Tree
Crops.
Our last two sessions were quite a success! Photos will follow with all the
evidence of our action. One being a pond that was dug by hand by all of our
eager participants. What started out as an undeveloped spring has now turned
into a small pond thanks to all who attended the last session. The very next
day a large frog had taken up residence and looked to be pretty happy with
the work. Success!
This next class will be action packed as well so register today!

email andrew@homebiome.com for info / registration

This Coming Weekend!
Advanced Permaculture Design for Edible Forest Gardens and Tree Crops
June 6th and 7th
$250

Presented by:

The Center for Bioregional Living
253 Briggs Hwy
Ellenville, NY 12428
www.homebiome.com

Advanced Permaculture Design for Edible Forest Gardens and Tree Crops
This course will focus on gardening with nature through the creation of
edible forest gardens as well as the design and management of
multi-functional woodlots.
Topics covered: designing, planting and management of woodlots for selective
harvesting of fuel and building materials, understory value-added crops like
shitake, ginseng, goldenseal and wild garlic, techniques for increasing the
quality and productivity of wild edibles.
Hands-on activities: planting, pruning and land management to accelerate
succession, mushroom log inoculation.

Andrew Faust and The Center for Bioregional Living are proud to present their
very first series of advanced Permaculture and ecological design courses this
May and June 2009. Focused on honing the areas where our unique strengths as
Permacultue designers reside, we have thoughtfully crafted each of these
offerings to function as stand alone teachings or to build off of each other
when taken as the whole series. Come participate in the groundbreaking of
The Center for Bioregional Living’s Permaculture and Ecological Design
Educational center where we will help to teach people the essentials of high
quality ways of living abundantly now and into the future.

Register now!

Most of our time will be spent outdoors and there will be plenty of hands-on
work building and designing.

Home cooked and locally sourced meals included!

Lodging options include limited indoor common area as well as tent space on
our beautiful 14 acres. Bring tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags whatever
you need to sleep.

Classes will be from 10am - 6pm Saturday and 10 am - 3pm Sunday.

There is a bus from Port Authority that leaves at 5:30 and arrives at 8:02 in
Ellenville where we could pick you up. Let us know if this is the best way
for you to travel and we will save dinner for you!

For questions or to reserve a space email Andrew@homebiome.com

Link for Short Line Bus
http://www.coachusa.com/shortline/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=New+York&s1=NY&c2=Ellenville&s2=NY&resultId=112640&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=%2Fshortline%2Findex.asp&cbid=389946338079

Google map of our area
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=253%20briggs%20hwy%20ellenville&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

--
The Center for Bioregional Living
Ellenville / Brooklyn, NY

Click now to find great remedies for hangovers!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsJQcRtLMhdt3kGXKR8mXfPxnAjzA7X5PuOFTxFtz86btb2QXA7Xig/

  • [permaculture] Advanced Permaculture Design Course w/ Andrew Faust in Ellenville NY t his weekend, treefaust@juno.com, 06/01/2009