permaculture - Re: [permaculture] composting people

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: trevor william johnson <john2116@msu.edu>
  • To: permaculture permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] composting people
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:41:18 -0400

so it seems the current method involves a nitrogen freezing process and then composting the resulting powder. the bbc article has discussion regarding chopping the body into bits and then composting rather than using nitrogen. i have one last concern about heavy metals.

the mercury in ones fillings can be sifter out with the nitrogen process but how about those metals that are part of our bodily structure. would the metals begin to build up in our soils?

thank you all for your links. this was a wonderful learning lesson

trevor