permaculture - [permaculture] Thank You Endorsers of April 26 ISD

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Brent McMillan <brent@gp.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Thank You Endorsers of April 26 ISD
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 13:10:30 -0400

Dear Endorsers:

We are writing to thank you dearly for your support of April 26
International Seeds Day whether by endorsing and helping to
publicize the campaign and/or by holding an event on April 26 or
around it.

Sunday, April 26 was a great success not just in terms of the number of organizations, authors, scientists and activists who endorsed it in four continents, but also in terms of accomplishing our goal in reaching 102 Iraqis living in Iraq, Syria and Jordan to alert them about Order 81, US agriculture projects in Iraq and the danger of US seeds and food. We have communicated with Iraqi women, farm owners, agriculture experts, farmers and journalists in these three countries. All were surprised and have not heard of Oder 81. In fact there is no Arabic translation of Order 81 available and we will translate it together with a group in Baghdad.

This campaign will continue until Order 81 is revoked.

Please note that as of midnight April 27 your email addresses
and telephone numbers, which have been enlisted on our website, were removed (but not websites/blogs), unless you request that they stay published. This is to avoid abuse of your contact information. We also highly appreciate from those of you who posted our press release or events is to remove only the contact information of endorsers.

We will email you a detailed report concerning April 26 acknowledging your and the promoters' efforts in making ISD a success. To ensure that this happens by next week, we appreciate receiving your updates on events that took place in your towns on April 26/27 by Monday, May 4th.

You will find relative information in the ISD library on our main page http://www.INEAS.org . We have updated the library today with additional sources/articles and we invite you to send us articles/reports to enrich the library with information about the ISD, Order 81, similar laws elsewhere in Africa and Asia, genetically modified food, patent seeds, agribusiness giants and/or biodiversity.

It was an honor to have you in the ISD ride. April 26 was just the beginning! We will continue the ride and hope that you join us to inform, alert and resist together. We welcome your suggestions and project ideas and invite you to evaluate our efforts including in terms of what we should have done better or need to do in the future.

Wishing You all the Best in Your Endeavors

Wafaa' Al-Natheema, Founding Director
Institute of Near Eastern & African Studies (INEAS)
P.O. Box 425125
Cambridge, MA. 02142 USA
Tel: 1 (617) 86-INEAS (864-6327)
Website: http://www.INEAS.org

"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it"
Chinese Proverb

"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it."
Imam Ali Bin Abi Talib

  • [permaculture] Thank You Endorsers of April 26 ISD, Brent McMillan, 05/01/2009